Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Food Review: Haru Sushi Bar & Restaurant, Pasig City

Haru Sushi Bar & Restaurant, Pasig City



I am a Japanese food lover, mainly because of Miso Soup and Ebi Tempura and the sweet taste of Japanese rice. Pardon me for the low quality shots. I only have my iTouch with me since I left the house not feeling so well and forgot to bring my camera but this restaurant really deserves a spot in my blog, actually, it deserves my first ever food review thru this blog :)




Haru Sushi Bar and Restaurant just opened last month and it is currently on dry run, even their menu. But there are still a lot to choose from.

 

Haru really captured an authentic Japanese restaurant in terms of the interiors compared to other famous ones you see in the malls.


I particularly like this pond with coy fishes right in the middle of the restaurant!

Moriawase (Assorted sushi)

First, we had Moriawase (Assorted Sushi) for our appetizer. I love the variety although be warned if you don't eat Wasabi as they already put it inside some of the sushi.



We also ordered one order each of Pink Salmon and Tuna. There are times I don't eat Tuna even if I love Japanese food but I really like this one! It's so fresh and serving is ample, with 6 to 8 slices per serving.


Another thing I find neat at this resto are these adorable things hanging on every table. They serve as bells that will be used when you are ready to order. And so I rang for the attendant almost frantically because we are ready to order more..!

 Ebi Tempura. Big in size, tasty and I love the batter! It's one of the things I notice in any Tempura. One serving has 5 pieces.

Bento Box: Katsudon (They also have this in Mixed Tempura and Chicken Teriyaki)
Their bento box comes with the usual fare: Japanese Rice, Tofu, Bean Sprouts, and Miso Soup. This one is very filling! Katsudon and Japanese Rice is average, but I liked the tofu and the sauce! You can also upgrade the rice into Japanese Fried Rice.

I ordered Oyakodon (Chicken and Egg Donburi) under their Donburi/ Rice Toppings. This one is very filling too although nothing too spectacular but still good.


Their Ramen is served with the noodles separate from the soup.  I liked the broth and the serving size as well. I just had to comment on the portions because serving size really matters to me.

And the finale: Samurai Crepe! Now this is just heaven! It's their version of Mango Crepe in whipped special creme served cold. You can see the same item in Cafe Juanita as they have the same owner. In Cafe Juanita, you have to order these in advance, even before you start dinner, as they run out so fast! I'm sure it will be the same in Haru in a few weeks time!

View of Haru from outside

I will definitely come back to Haru and try their upcoming items in the menu! The place is very well lit, you won't miss it! The ambiance is lovely, and the servings are hefty. It is located in Kapitolyo, a treasure trove of very good restaurants with great variety! Tune in for my upcoming posts on that!

Haru Sushi Bar & Restaurant
#21 West Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo, Pasig City

2 comments:

Lauren said...

hi! the food looks goood! :) is it pricey?

Cha-Cha Lim said...

Hi Lauren! Prices are relatively the same with other Japanese Restaurants, not too expensive but not cheap too :)