Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hotel Review: Eaton Hotel, Hong Kong

Eaton Hotel, Hong Kong

380 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong 


Hotel exterior (photo from hotel's website)

I stayed at Eaton Hotel in Hong Kong back in October of 2009. I stayed in many hotels in Hong Kong, from budget accommodations (that I didn't bother staying in after seeing it) to 5-star hotels. But I am also always in search of hotels in Hong Kong that are clean, affordable, and with a good location.
Eaton Hotel merits three checks in all these criterias! It is right along Nathan Road, the main road in Hong Kong Kowloon side, just like EDSA here in Manila.  It is only 3 to 5 minutes leisurely walk to Jordan MTR station (sorry I already forgot which exit of Jordan station but its along Nathan, so easy to spot). If I remember correctly, our standard room only cost us around p4,000/night, room only.

Lobby and the elevators

The lobby is quite nice for a 3-star property. I love their scenic elevators! Pardon my tight shots, the lobby is shaped a bit different from inside.

We were given free drinks upon check-in at the Planter's Bar!

Room shots. Quite small but normal for Hong Kong hotels. This room has two single beds.

Bathroom shots. 

I love that their bathroom has a bath tub! Always lovely to have that as a bonus. Bathroom is clean and with complete toiletries that hotels usually offer.

All in all, I would stay at Eaton Hotel again in my future shopping trips to Hong Kong. It is only 2 stations away from Mongkok or if I want to go to Citygate Mall, I just have to hop in the MTR. But I don't recommend staying here if I have guests with me going to Hong Kong for a vacation trip, because I usually like staying in hotels with a breathtaking view of the Victoria Harbor to impress whoever is with me :)


1 comment:

Bali Resorts said...

very nice post, i love it